Adult & Pediatric Speech Language Pathology
If you're having trouble with your voice or are experiencing difficulty when speaking or swallowing, the speech and voice specialists at Raleigh Ear, Nose & Throat can help. These specialists work with one of our ENT physicians to evaluate your situation and provide customized treatment options. Our professionals also work with children to help with language development and speech problems.
Voice & Speech Services
We offer evaluation and treatment of:
- Voice disorders
- Articulation and phonology - treatment designed to improve the dynamic production of specific sounds (e.g. /k/ in "cup")
- Aural Rehabilitation for Children with Hearing Loss - treatment designed to assist individuals with auditory disabilities improve their communication
- Speech and voice problems for laryngectomy patients
- Fluency therapy to improve the effortless flow of words
- Speech and voice problems for head and neck cancer patients
- Articulation and language disorders
- Speech problems due to strokes
- Oral motor skills therapy designed to improve speech production
- Swallowing problems
- Language therapy to improve social use of language for communication
How do you know you may have a voice / speech problem?
If you experience one or more of the following symptoms, you should see one of our voice specialists:
- Hoarseness after talking for long periods of time or in noisy situations.
- Your voice is breathy, lower or higher pitched, and/or has breaks in pitch.
- Difficulty projecting
- Loss of voice or vocal fatigue with persistent hoarseness
- A lump in the throat
- Clearing the throat often
- Reduced range in the singing voice
- Pain or soreness in the neck or shortness of breath
- Inability to do things with your voice that you were once able to do
Does your child have a speech or voice problem? Following is some useful information: